Winter has me all couped up especially since we've had 3 weeks of heavy, heavy snow in the New England area. I had to sneak outside to take a few quick pictures in the snow because I still view the snow with bright eyes (my Oklahoma self still isn't used to fresh, white powder and I still find it beautiful).
I'm loving the new Butter London LIPPY Moisture Matte Lipsticks. The one I have on right now is in the shade Ruby Murray. It's an Ulta exclusive and I try to avoid Ulta when at all possible (because I like accumulating Sephora points) but I made a trip to Ulta just for this lipstick. You can't really tell but it has a rich plum hue and I love it on my skin tone.
Notes on the questions directed at my hair:
- I basically showed my hairdresser a picture of Kylie Jenner and said I want that cut.
- I was too hesitant to go too light so we didn't go as light as what you see now off the get-go.
- I wanted a "transition" color between the light tips and my naturally dark roots so my hairdresser used some color for my "in-between" and I don't know what color this was...it was a dark brown/deep auburn type of color. I could be wrong about the color description but it was meant to help transition into where bleach was going to be applied.
- My hairdresser put bleach on my ends to well...lighten my ends obviously. This was for the ombre effect. This all happened during my first trip: the in-between color and the bleached tips.
- Extra note: my hairdresser teases my hair before she paints any color or bleach on...I assume this is so there's no definitive line across my head where the color starts and stops...?
- Then I got my hair trimmed to maintain the style and most of my bleached ends got cut off so all that was left was my natural roots and my "transition color."
- I came back again and all my hairdresser used was bleach to get what you guys see now. The parts of my hair that was previously uncolored became it's own transition shade with the bleach. The parts of my hair that already had been lightened with color got even lighter with the bleach so that in whole became the ombre effect that you see in the pictures.
- Basically...I got the Kylie Jenner. Tis all.
- I go to and will give my first-born to Joanna at Dellaria in Providence. Yes, I know going to a salon in a mall is essspensive but I took a chance by trying a new hairdresser (Joanna) after moving from Oklahoma and I love how she's done my hair each and every time so I don't plan on venturing anywhere else. I'll pay the money to be in the hands of a hairdresser I trust.
That's all I have to say for now. I'm writing up a post with more "substance" about my life/thoughts/updates and will be posting again soon! I just thought I'd throw these tidbits out there first so that I don't end up with an extremely long post filled with a bunch of randoms.