You guys are going to see more "beauty"-related posts on here. Since working full-time and being in scrubs 40+ hours a week, my wardrobe hasn't been very exciting. I really can't get excited about putting outfits together or finding new pieces to add to my wardrobe because I really just don't have a reason to. Why buy new clothes or play with pairings if I can't wear it?
However, I've focused my attention on makeup! That's something that I really can play with day-to-day and I get excited to try new products/formulations and colors. I've been in love with lipstick lately. I was always into sheer balms and lip glosses but lipstick has been a new obsession.
I've been on the hunt for darker, moodier lip colors and the first one I bought that was "high end" was this Bobbi Brown Lip Color in Raisin. I won't bore you guys with the "textbook description" of the lipstick because it's everywhere on their website, Sephora, etc. I'll just tell you how I'd describe it...
- Amazing creamy texture - applies so easily without tugging.
- Finish is soft-matte.
- Does bleed/feather on me if I don't line and I have never had to do that before. This won't stop me from using it though.
- Long-wearing (ish).
- Beautiful, durable packaging that just feels expensive.
- I can't think of being annoyed by a smell so I assume if it does have a smell upon application, it must not be bad enough to bother me.
- It does make the dried up bits of my lips stand out so I'll only wear this when I'm not too chapped.
You can see the gorgeous plum color in the pictures. I'm still looking for that perfect brown-based rose color though.